Champion Dragon Boat Care and Maintenance
Materials for champion • series of dragon boat had acquired ‘Det Norske Veritas Type Approval Certificate’ and ‘certificate of approval of a polyester resin by Lloyd’s register, separately. Through the proper maintenance and repair means the normal life cycle of the championship dragon boat equipment should be six to ten years.
1. Maintenance of the ship's side
Side of the ship maintenance is very important. Usually the ship's side is processed to be waterproof and anti-UV paint spray during production ,due to wear, climate, and the use of waters (such as seawater) and other reasons, so that the paint falling from the ship's rail surface , when this happens it should be re-painted with waterproof and anti-UV paint as soon as possible. In the painting process, it is recommended that every time coated with a thin layer of paint, repeatedly painting, this method will ensure that the paint more evenly and firmly. This method is applied to all wood accessories’ maintenance of the hull. Specific methods are as follows:
The first step: polish the entire side surface of the ship with a sandpaper the second step: re-painting, to paint the side of dragon boat as thin as possible each time , and re-paint after fully dry, repeat this process three or four times.
2. Maintenance of the hull
The double shell of ‘champion’ dragon boat hull structure has been granted national invention patent, the hull is composed by two shells (inner shell and outer shell), divided into relatively small gap between the inner and outer shells, hence when stores Dragon Boat equipment in the warehouse that it should be noted the force(gravity) and other aspects of the problem.
Maintenance of the hull is very important and scratch and friction cause the hull surface gel coat protective layer damage, leading to the bare of glass fiber, or extensive damage which caused by crash or other accidents must be repaired in time.
Under normal circumstances, the FRP repair shop can deal with such damage, and you can also contact the manufacturer for repair, if it is only a minor injury, the user can purchase the gel coat to repair, and polish with a polishing tool after.
3. The transport loading and unloading of Dragon Boat
Dragon boat in the water and the water process, if the mode of transport in error or do not pay attention, is likely to result in equipment damage results. The correct method requires adequate manpower by the built-in handle in dragon boat, dragon boat lift, try to avoid contact with the ground or on the beach, or placed directly into the water or water in the trailers and other equipment. Avoid non-drag dragon boat on the sand or other ground, leading to the dragon boat hull bottom damage.
4. The overall maintenance of the Dragon Boat
1. After using dragon boat equipment, it should try to keep the dragon boat clean and dry, and avoid keeping the water in the cabin, clean and dry dragon boat in time after every use.
2. When the dragon boat is not used, it should be covered by the hull cover or related cover, which can effectively avoid the damage caused by sunlight or corrosive rain to the hull.
it also reduces number of maintenance of the hull wood parts to the maxima.
3. During use of dragon boat equipment, if little water was found in the cabin, it will be caused by the movement of splashes spray normally; if a lot of water is found in the cabin , you have to check whether it is damage of hull, and to repaired it in time.
5. The warehouse storage of dragon boat
when off season of dragon boat use, please do the correct storage based on following points:
(1) keep the ship clean and dry
(2) If necessary, re-polish the paint on the worn wood part, this work should be completed before winter.
(3) If the dragon boat placed in the outdoors, it should be placed upside down on a shelf or bench to support the weight, and to avoid the hull deformation by force when long time storage.
If you pile the dragon boats up, please do not more than three boats, use canvas and other i hull cover, to avoid other corrosion or wear and tear.